A client of Scalable Path’s is looking for a Senior Full Stack Web Developer – React, NodeJS & MongoDB. This is a remote, full-time position.
CLIENT COMPANY DESCRIPTION:
The client is looking to pave new pathways in the way that users collaborate on, share and consume stories through text and video. Think of YouTube reimagined, telling stories around the campfire.
The web and mobile app have been live for over 2 years. The mobile app has trended in the app/play stores multiple times and business is growing every day.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Senior React & NodeJS Developer, you will be working within a team of distributed full-stack developers on the client’s existing live web application built primarily in React, Node.js, and MongoDB on AWS.
In your role as a senior developer, you will deliver high quality, responsive, and performant features on time. You will ask questions, raise concerns and keep the big picture in mind while collaborating with the team and following best practices. You will perform code reviews for other developers and improve your code when it is reviewed. You will be required to attend daily meetings and occasionally share your screen to demonstrate your work. You will take ownership of your stories and see to it that they are tested by the QA team and, finally, you will see the story through deployment.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with high traffic systems, scalability, highly performant and fault-tolerant APIs and work well on a remote team.
RELATIONSHIPS – WHO YOU’LL BE WORKING WITH:
You will report to the project lead and participate in daily standup meetings with the web developers, QA engineer and the hands-on Product Owner & CEO. The team operates during PDT business hours. There is an existing daily meeting at 8:00am America/Los Angeles (-08:00) PST.
– Excellent experience with React, Redux, NodeJS, and Express
– Excellent experience with high traffic systems
– Excellent experience with MongoDB
– Excellent experience with CSS & SASS
– Knowledge of potential security issues and mitigation techniques
– Strong written and spoken English
– Able to build highly performant and fault-tolerant APIs
– Able to work well on a remote, multi-national team with Agile and Scrum
– Ability to work during PDT timezone business hours
DESIRED (NICE-TO-HAVE) SKILLS:
– Experience with Next.js and Server Side Rendering
– Experience with Redis
– Experience with AWS DevOps (EKS, EC2, CloudFront + more)
– Experience with ElasticSearch
– Experience as a lead developer, development manager, Scrum Master or other role with significant responsibility
As soon as possible.
EXPECTED CONTRACT DURATION:
Ongoing long term
- Spoken English
- Written English
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job