basics of the junior designer position:
+ You’d be working with clients to create homepages that would be built using a pre-made WordPress theme that we coded.
+ You’d be communicating with the team daily. We use Slack for regular communication and Basecamp for project management. There are regular video chats you’ll need to be on, so having a working camera is key.
+ There would also be work creating PDFs and other design documents both for the company and for clients, including free offers, package PDFs, and more.
+ You can work from anywhere. No moving for a job involved. If you’re happy where you are, stay there. If you’re unhappy, move somewhere new. This job will go with you. (If you want to spend a month working from the Italian countryside or in a Scottish pub, more power to you.)
+ You decide what you want your hours to be, though we do need someone who has good availability during standard business hours for projects. You also need to communicate with the team regularly.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
You should have a good understanding of WordPress, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Indesign and Sketch.
This position is great for someone who is looking for experience to learn more and become a better designer, as well as be part of a team that will support and encourage you.
You should be able to handle at least 10-15 hours of work per week to start.
who we are
Alchemy+Aim is a website development company, specializing in helping thought leaders, entrepreneurs and creative business owners. In five years, we’ve gone from solopreneurship to a company of 15 people.
We’re doing things differently at Alchemy+Aim, focusing on building lateral structures in the company rather than traditional hierarchical ones. Team members have all the perks that contractors have, while also being able to really contribute to the growth of the company and the direction it’s moving in. We believe that when we work and grow together, we can accomplish great things.
are you the right fit?
This position IS for you if:
- You believe in showing up for team members and clients.
- You love well-organized design files.
- You are detailed oriented and meticulous.
- You get projects done on time (or early).
- You are honest and have no tolerance for drama.
- You are empathetic and humble.
- You are steady and reliable, and take your responsibilities seriously.
- You can adapt to situations as they arise.
- You like troubleshooting, solving problems, and learning new things.
- You like working on projects for soulful and creative entrepreneurs.
- You can commit to the position for at least nine months.
This position IS NOT for you if:
- You are repeatedly late getting work done.
- You dislike or have problems with regular communication.
- You often miss details.
- You are rigid and unable to accept feedback.
- You cannot adapt to new systems or ways of doing things.
- You think that Helvetica is the same thing as Open Sans.
You will be paid on an hourly basis, every two weeks. Position could start immediately for the right candidate.
how to apply
We want a superstar to join our team, someone who we can trust to get the job done right and be a team player. If you think that’s you, we want to hear from you.
Make sure this job is the right fit for you, and make sure you’re the right fit for this job.
Check out our portfolio to see the type of projects we work on. If you’re interested in applying please send a cover letter via the application form below and in it include the following:
- Tell us why you’re so interested in this position with us
- Provide 3 websites you’ve designed and are proud of
- Tell us what your two superpowers are
- Share your hourly rate
(We love good cover letters and details. Make sure you address ALL four items above in full.)
Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule a call. This position will stay open until we find the right person.
Please no phone calls, emails directly to the owner, LinkedIn connection requests or Facebook messages. Only applicants who have followed the instructions and applied via our form (below or on the position page) will be considered.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job