Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage +2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), continuous learning benefits, access to counseling sessions, paid time off including volunteer days and holiday breaks. The meal subsidies, company trips and other perks are just cherry on top of the work-from-home setup.
Balsam International is looking for an enthusiastic, collaborative, and detail-oriented individual to assist in our data privacy initiatives. The Data Privacy Associate will be responsible for processing data subject rights requests and organizing data subject requests records. Specific experience with U.S. and European data privacy regulation is preferred. This is a contractual, home-based job that requires 5-15 hours per week depending on the volume of work. The contract will be effective from October 3, 2020 to February 2021.
What you’ll be doing:
- Receives and validates data subject rights requests (e.g. GDPR or CCPA)
- Search and query database for any existing requester information
- Conducts research and investigation to determine validity of requests and data subject requester’s identity.
- Input validated requests to the monitoring file
- Process requests internally by coordinating with the appropriate functional team process owners via email or zoom calls as necessary
- Process requests externally by coordinating with the appropriate third-party vendor contact via email or zoom as necessary
- Sends timely queries and follow-up emails to internal and external contacts as necessary
- Manages and coordinates the processing of each data subject request to ensure its resolution and closure within required deadlines
- Sends timely updates and response to data subject rights requester for any possible timeline extension of request processing
- Sends appropriate response to data subject rights requester for request closure.
- Maintains the data privacy request tracker and regularly report request volume status, closure rate, issues and challenges encountered on a weekly basis or during the data privacy meeting.
- Helps the Data Privacy Champions in keeping their Data Processing Activity Documentation records up to date through regular monthly reviews and check-ins.
- Recommends processing improvements based on gathered information through actual request processing activities
What you bring to the table:
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- Any related experience with the following is required
- U.S. and Europe privacy laws and data subject request processing
- Customer service communication thru email
- Database queries (e.g. SQL)
- CRM (e.g. Salesforce)
- Fraud Analysis
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, including the ability to send comprehensive, coherent, and accurate responses to requesters and instructions to internal and external contacts
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat, and task management applications)
- Ability to open, track, manage and move to completion customer cases
- Group presentation skills using MS PowerPoint
- Advanced computer skills: using MS Word, MS Excel, managing emails, slack etc.
- Able to present information in forms, tables, and spreadsheets
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Displays a learner’s attitude (asks questions, gives feedbacks, clarifies potential issues, etc.)
- Good time management skill (ability to prioritize)
- Ability to have phone/web conferencing calls in early morning or evening with team members in U.S.
- Must live within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings.
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS Windows 10 – 64 bit or higher
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i5
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues.
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS.
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty.
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job