Balsam Brands is a multi-brand e-Commerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
- Forbes: America’s Best Small Companies (2016)
- Inc. 5000: America’s Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- San Francisco Business Times: Fast 100 – Fastest Growing Bay Area Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
- Silicon Valley Business Journal: 75 Fastest Growing Private Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015)
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage + 2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), holiday breaks, meal subsidies, company trips and other perks on top of the work-from-home setup.
Balsam International is looking for a Junior Software QA Tester who will be responsible for doing software testing and Quality Assurance. Our ideal candidate must be a hardworking and trustworthy individual with a keen attention to detail, excellent time management skills, and proactive communication practices.
- Write and document BDD test cases.
- Execute test cases and or scripts.
- Collaborate with teammates during mind mapping sessions.
- Raise defects with detailed information and replication steps including screenshots or recordings as proof.
- Collaborate with internal teams (e.g. Developers, Product Managers) to identify or refine system requirements.
- Collaborate remotely with cross-functional teams in the United States, Philippines, and India.
- Review business requirements, acceptance criteria, technical designs to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Perform thorough regression tests, white or black box testing of new and existing functionalities.
- Attend in production or live deployments and monitor deployment status after performing sanity testing.
- Conduct peer review on test cases.
- Participate in agile ceremonies like scrum meetings, sprint planning, project retrospectives and provide personal inputs and updates.
- Create a recording of user documentation of configurable components or any related functionalities for business users or as needed.
- Collaborate with teammates to establish internal processes and best practices for Software Quality Assurance.
- Propose and implement process improvements that could benefit not just the QA team, but the project team as well.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant industry is a plus.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Software QA Engineer or similar role.
- Experience writing test plans, test reports, and test cases.
- Knowledge of software QA concepts and methodology.
- Experience working as embedded QA exercising AGILE methodologies.
- Experience working closely with Development and Business teams.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate within the team.
- Must have high proficiency of the English language. Excellent written English is required.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable in working through a task via electronic means (email, chat and task management applications)
- Must live within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa)
- Must be willing to join occasional in-person meetings
- Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
- OS Windows 7 – 64 bit or higher
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
- RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
- Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i5
- Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Start-up Disk Macintosh HD
- Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
- Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues
- Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 5MBPS
- Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty
- Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook.
Note: An online assessment will also be part of the recruitment process.
Status: Full Time.
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. The Jr. Software Quality Engineer is a remote working position in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are ideally located within easy driving distance to Metro Manila for occasional team meetings and trainings. They have a great working environment at home with at least 5MBPS internet connection speed. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job