This Freelance role is partnering with our Whisk Product Team within the Samsung NEXT Product organization working 40 hours per week.
Whisk is a food-tech platform that helps consumers turn food inspiration into action (buy, cook) through a shopping list and saved recipe box. Whisk has both a B2C side that’s available on multiple web, mobile and hardware surfaces and a B2B side which makes the Whisk platform available to some of the world’s largest recipe publishers, grocery retailers and CPG brands.
Whisk was acquired by Samsung NEXT in March 2019 and is investing heavily in developing and scaling the platform, in a way that each investment is not only adding value to its own experience but also to the network of partners overall.
The Whisk PM team is a team of 5 Product Managers. As part of Samsung NEXT, the team works alongside other PMs across the Samsung NEXT Product organisation.
About Samsung NEXT
Samsung NEXT champions builders and founders inventing a more purposeful future. We attract, develop, and celebrate diverse talent with world-class capacity to transform ideas into realities at scale. We prioritize experiences over things and are dedicated to thoughtfully integrating the physical and digital worlds… and we accelerate Samsung’s vision to inspire the world!
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Venture – Investing in early-stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships – Helping startups successfully partner with a variety of Samsung business units.
- M&A – Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
- Product – Building new software and services businesses at scale.
As a Technical Writer, Freelance you will focus on filling in the gaps of the current docs to streamline the onboarding process for our business partners (retailers, food brands, recipe publishers, etc). You will work closely with Engineering and Product management teams.
- Plan, write and edit the Whisk API documentation,
- Document specifications and example code,
- Help consolidate technical terminology across all documentation,
- Manage updates and revisions to existing documentation,
- Plan, write and update User instructions (web, mobile apps, etc.),
- Write release notes,
- Audit documentation to help identify knowledge gaps and fill them in.
- Past experience writing technical documentation,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English,
- Proficiency in Google Docs (markdown a plus),
- Strong attention to detail,
- Able to work independently once given direction and tasks
- Comfortable talking to developers to gather missing information,
- Technical background (past software development experience is ideal but not mandatory),
- REST API documentation experience (really good to have).
Type of Work
- Contract-based, full-time (40 hours per week),
- 100% remotely,
- Time zone preferred: any which, allows you to work comfortably with GMT+3 and sometimes with GMT-7.
Please attach your portfolio or examples of your previous projects
At Samsung NEXT, we envision a world in which all great ideas have an equal chance of being realized and believe a commitment to diversity and inclusion is vital to making this happen. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
By clicking the “Apply for Job” button, you will likely be redirected to a web page outside of our website. We cannot be held responsible for external sites’ content. Please take reasonable steps to confirm that you’re actually dealing with a company representative, not an impostor.Apply for this Job